Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why is my progress not being tracked correctly as I move through the course?
A: In order for your progress to be correctly tracked you must click “Complete and Continue” at the top of each lecture page after you have watched the lecture and completed the quiz. If you forget, simply return to each previous section using the navigation bar on the left and click “Complete and Continue”.
Q: I’ve finished watching the lecture but cannot find the quiz. Where is it located?
A: After finishing each lecture, you will scroll down the page to find the quiz.
Q: What will I receive upon completing the course?
A: Upon completion of the full course and final exam, all participants will receive a printable Certificate of Completion. If you are taking this course for continuing education credit please see the Continuing Education section futher down this page for more information.
Q: How long will I have to access the course?
A: Students have one year (12 months) from the date of registration to complete all online courses. Expired courses, students who have left the employ of a company or students who FAIL their final exam (see below) are NOT eligible for credit or refund of any kind, regardless of time spent in the course or time remaining.
Q: Can I access the course content while I’m on the go?
A: Yes, you may access course content offline by downloading the Teachable ios App. Please note that the App is a supplementary tool for students to use when they are on the go, and the quality of the course will not be as high as if viewed on a computer.
From the App, students will be able to do the following actions within your course:
- Pick up where they left off on another device
- Stream course videos
- View handouts, worksheets, and lecture text/images
- Take lecture quizzes and view their scores
- Complete lectures and sync their progress with other devices
Q: How do I download the app?
A: Downloading the iOS App
- Go to the App Store on your device.
- Search for Teachable (or simply click this link to be redirected to the page in the app store).
- Click the Get button. Click Install. Enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID if prompted.
NOTE: The Teachable iOS app is compatible and optimized for the iPhone and iPod Touch. The app is available, but has not been optimized, for the iPad. Also note that the Teachable iOS app requires iOS 9.0 or later.
Using the iOS App:
After downloading the app, open the app by select the Teachable icon (teal and white “t”) from your iOS homescreen. As a new iOS app user, you will be brought to the login. Enter the email address and password associated with your myTeachable account.
Upon successful login, you will be brought to all your current school and course enrollments accessible through myTeachable.
Select the course you wish to view, which will bring you inside the course area, where you can start to work through lecture content.
Q: What types of continuing education credit is available for this training?
For Psychologists –
- American Psychological Association (APA): This activity is co-sponsored by Postpartum Support International and the Seleni Institute. Postpartum Support International is approved by the American Psychological Association to offer continuing education for psychologists. Postpartum Support International maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
- Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders: 8 Continuing Education Credits
- Perinatal Loss & Grief: 8 Continuing Education Credits
For Social Workers – 8 Continuing Education Contact Hours
- New York state Licensed Social Workers (LMSW and LCSW): Seleni Psychology Counseling and Support, PLLC is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers.
- Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders: 8 Continuing Education Contact Hours
- Perinatal Loss & Grief: 8 Continuing Education Contact Hour
Q: How many continuing education credits will I receive for this training?
A: If you are claiming Continuing Education Credit or Contact Hours for this training you will earn 8 continuing education credits or contact hours upon successful completion of this training including all lectures, quizzes, final exam, and post-course evaluation.
Q: What do I need to do to in order to earn and receive my continuing education (CE) credit?
A: In order to earn and receive continuing education credit, you must:
- Students must receive a passing grade of at least 80% or better on the final exam in order to earn their Seleni Digital Badge and Certificate of Completion.
- IMPORTANT: you must click the “complete and continue button” at the top of the page of each lecture so that your progress is correctly tracked and continuing education credit can be rewarded. If you forgot to click "complete and continue” at any point in the training, simply return to the relevant lecture by using the course navigation bar to the left.
- If a student intends to claim continuing education credit or contact hours, they must review lectures in their entirety, complete all quizzes, complete the final exam with a passing score of at least 80% correct, and complete the post-course evaluation that will be emailed to them upon course completion. A Seleni representative will review the student’s account to verify that these requirements have been met before issuing continuing education credit. If any requirements are outstanding, the representative will advise the student on how to complete the requirements.
Q: If I do not receive a score of at least 80% correct on the final exam, can I still receive continuing education credit?
A: If a student fails the graded final exam, they will need to reach out to [email protected] in order to retake the exam. Students will be given 3 attempts to pass their final exam. If a student fails the course three times, they will be required to re-enroll in the course, and pay tuition if they want to take the course online a second time.
Q: I only completed part of the course. Can I earn continuing education credit for the portion I completed?
A: No, we can only issue continuing education credit for completion of the entire course and post-course evaluation. No partial credit will be given.
PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY
Q: Which credit cards do you accept?
A: Major international credit cards are accepted (Visa, American Express, and MasterCard) as well as PayPal. Learn more about supported payment methods and currencies here.
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: Refund requests will be granted with a $50.00 credit card processing fee, provided the student meets the following requirements:
1. For a refund, please e-mail [email protected] Full refund will be given within 7 days of purchase, however refunds will not be issued if more than 50% of the course has been completed and/or certificates of completion have been issued. Please note that credit card processing fees that are between $15-$20 and cannot be refunded.
Q: Can I transfer into another course?
A: All Transfer requests must be made within one week of placing an order. We can only approve transfer requests if the Student has not viewed more than thirty minutes of course content. You may transfer your registration fee to a course of equal or lesser value. The tuition difference will not be refunded for transfers into a course of lesser value. Transfers to courses of greater value must include payment of additional tuition with the transfer request.
Q: Can my course be transferred to another student, etc...?
A:Online training courses may not be transferred to another student, used by more than one student, or used for commercial or group training. If you are interested in purchasing a group license, please contact [email protected] Students have one year (12 months) from the date of registration to complete all online course.
Q: What is included on the receipt and how will I receive it?
A: Whenever a user purchases a course they will automatically receive a receipt from [email protected]. The receipt contains a receipt number, the name and ID of the purchased course, and the purchase date, as well as the names and email addresses of the purchaser and the vendor and the list price/total price.
Please review the following common issues and solutions, the majority of technical issues can be solved here:
Q: Help! I can’t log in!
A: Make sure you’re using the right login credentials. It sounds silly, but most login issues we see are people who signed up with one email address and then are trying to login with another. To make sure you’re using the right one, check your email for your original purchase receipt from us - it should come from [email protected] . The email address that this receipt is sent to is your login Username.
Q: I forgot my password!
If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it easily at any time. On the login page, simply click the forgot password link under the sign in field and follow the instructions. Once you’ve done this, you should get an email within a few minutes with instructions to reset your password.
A few things to note about the password recovery. First, make sure you input the correct email address. For security reasons, the password recovery tool will not tell you if you’ve inputted an email address that isn’t on record with us.
Second, be sure to check your spam folder for the password reset instructions. Nine times out of ten, if you haven’t received the password reset email after more than an hour, it’s in your spam folder. If you have tried several times and aren’t seeing the email, let us know and we’ll get you set.
Q: How can I change my password? How can I make other changes to my account?
A: You can access your account and make changes at any time by navigating to http://training.seleni.org and by clicking on the icon in the top right corner.
Q: I’m having trouble with playing the videos - what do I do?
A: So sorry to hear that you’re having trouble. There are some troubleshooting tips that you can do that will probably solve the problem, and even if they don’t they’ll help us rule out any other issues.
1) Try refreshing the page.
2) Sometimes lesser-known (or out-of-date) web browsers can cause issues when playing course videos. We always recommend using an updated version of Chrome or Firefox.
3) Updating Your Browser
Out-of-date web browsers have caused issues in the past for users. Browsers may update on their own, but other times you’ll need to do it manually. If you’re experiencing problems, we recommend checking if your browser is up to date by visiting What's My Browser.
Update Google Chrome by selecting the menu and clicking Update Google Chrome . If the button isn’t there, that means you’re already on the latest version. For more information on updating Chrome, continue here.
By default, Firefox is set to update automatically. However, it may be done manually by selecting Menu > About Firefox > Restart Firefox to Update. For more information on updating Firefox, continue here .
4) Try checking whether the video plays correctly for you in another browser. You can download Chrome for your platform here: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/ (if you are already on Chrome, try another browser instead, or download Chrome Beta and try with that.
5) Try right clicking on the video and switching from HTML 5 playback mode to Flash playback mode.
6) If the video isn’t playing in any browser, try resetting the browser’s cache and trying again.
Clearing Your Cache
When you browse websites online, web browsers store, or “cache,” website data (like images and scripts) as a way to improve your experience. Clearing your web browser’s cache removes these stored assets, and this may help resolve issues with playing the video content.
To clear your cache in Google Chrome, click the menu and select "More tools." Then click "Clear browsing data." Make sure that the "Cached image and files" box is checked. See more details on clearing your cache in Chrome here.
To clear your cache in Mozilla Firefox, go to your Preferences and then find the Advanced panel. From there, click "Clear Now" in the "Cached Web Content" section. See more details on clearing your cache in Firefox here.
7) Test Internet Speed & try switching wifi networks
Sometimes a slow Internet connection can cause videos to not play properly. You can visit www.speedtest.net to see if your internet connection speed is the culprit. If not try connecting to another WiFi network to see if the problem resolves.
Q: Who should I contact if I require further technical assistance or have other questions?
A: For technical assistance or other questions please contact us at: [email protected]. Please note that support and assistance is limited to business hours, M-F, 9am-5pm EST, we are closed on major US holidays. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.